Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Signs

Last week I had a dream about a note one of my professors wrote me my senior year of college - right before graduation. In my dream, I read the note and was confused by it - maybe even a little offended - and I put it in a box, underneath many other papers.

The weird thing is - one of my professors really did write me a note the week before graduation that I really didn't understand and I read it once, fast - and put it away. I knew exactly where it was, so I went to the box and pulled it out from in between piles of old birthday cards and old day planners.

The letter starts off with this -

Dear Jen,
You are almost perfect but what I admire the most about you is when you screw up.


The rest of the letter talks about not having to be perfect. About allowing myself to be human. It's embarrassing that I can't say I remember any specific event that would have inspired the writing of this letter - so....it must have been just me.

Later that SAME DAY....

My life coach sends me an e-mail...just checking in on how I'm doing and what I'm feeling. And she says she saw a tee shirt that she should have bought me. It said, "Live imperfectly."

Ha ha.

Apparently, the universe is intent upon making sure I get the message.