Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sick


My boy is sick. He is curled up in bed and has been for the past 5 hours or so. In typical man-like fashion, he cannot really articulate what hurts or what he needs but I know he must really feel crappy to come home early from work. That never happens.

So I am doctoring. My recipe for doctoring includes chicken noodle soup, some on-sale homeopathic stuff from the market and heavy blankets washed with tide, hot from the dryer. That, my friends, will put us on the road to wellness.

I had a productive day today - meeting with some freelance clients, discovering where I can find a secure wireless connection on the side of the road if pulling over to check my e-mail becomes a necessity, volunteering myself for something I shouldn't have (since I just decided that I need to make a concerted effort to rest...not be busy), going to the gym, designing some cheap business cards with the help of Office Max (not the ideal end result - but pretty darn good at $29.99 for a custom design and 250 cards), and going to the grocery....twice.

I am pretty certain I'll come down with something since the boy is sick and I share the same square footage with him....but I need to be well tomorrow for a project. So I can be sick on Friday but must be well on Saturday because it is finally supposed to stop hailing/snowing here and magically warm to the mid-60's.
Hello global warming.

Ciao, lovelies.