Monday, April 14, 2008

A Better Monday

Today is the first Monday I've experienced in a *long while* where my first instinct at the end of the day was not to lay on the floor and stare at the ceiling struggling to decompress.

I think that's a good sign - although right now, nothing necessarily feels good. Mostly, everything seems confusing and tangled and blurry. And mostly, I feel crappy. As per usual, I have convinced myself that I am at fault and responsible for what has been done to me. Even though it is not my fault and I worked very hard to create something positive.

But. I am working hard (or as hard as I can) to move beyond it, to remember what I love about life and where I find joy and remember who I am because of the experiences I've had. In every ugly black cloud of nastiness, there is opportunity.

**********************************************************

I was tired of the old blog. It was so focused on a particular year of my life and the way I was feeling and the muck I was wading through - I wanted it to go away. I wanted a blank slate. Tabula rasa. So here it is. A recounting of the journey, of moving from the dark to the light, of falling down and remembering that it is possible to get back up (although a lot of stumbling will probably be involved). Thanks for joining me.