Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Shiz

I am always thinking of so many great blog post ideas - like, while I'm in the middle of rooting through a bag of mostly shiznet and then pull out a pair of bee-you-tiful Manolo Blahniks. But by the time I get around a computer, I have lost the great idea. Sometimes, some little remnant remains. Like one sentence that would have gone somewhere in the middle that I'd planned out in my head. But the rest of it is lost.
I apologize about these lost posts. No doubt, this blog would be infinitely more stunning with them.

I missed Friday dump day - so here goes.

*I had a fender bender on Wednesday night that was basically a lose-lose situation. Like, there were only two possible moves to make and someone was going to get hit no matter what. So I chose the least offensive hit. And the girl I bumped (read: early 20's recent college grad with a brand new jetta) was PISSED. She yelled and then lectured, and then yelled some more. What ever. The claims adjuster that I spoke to on the phone was this sweet Indian lady who kept telling me that I needed to "look at the bigger picture in life". Hmmmm....prophetic.

*I haven't had my color done in probably 4 months. And you know, it still looked pretty rockin. I can atribute that to the awesome sylist and colorist I'd been seeing in Portland. But circumstances have changed and jaunts to Portland for hair appointments no longer seem like a good idea. So I saw someone here. And now, my hair is red. I didn't really notice it at the salon - under their light it just looked chestunty with the occasional auburn highlight. When I got up from the chiropractor's table about an hour post-color, and looked in the mirror, I almost fell over. Red, my friends. Bright red. What the shiz.

*It is still cloudy and cold and possibly rainy here. And it is June.

*And to Lala's last point - what the shiz.