Sunday, May 31, 2009

Writing is Cathartic

I wrote a lengthy diatribe last night that I intended to post here.

When I was done writing it, and after I let Peter read it, I decided I didn't need to post it.

So I deleted it.

It was mostly about an injustice that I felt had occurred against me and how angry I had been about it, etc. etc. etc.

But truthfully, I'm not really that angry about it anymore. I think I just needed to write the words down.

And you wouldn't have enjoyed reading it - it was too preachy.

Suffice it to say, I was angry about girl drama and I wanted to challenge us (as women) to start being united rather than ripping each other apart. We should be standing in solidarity with each other against a culture that has dehumanized and devalued us for centuries. And that is all I'll say about that. At least for now.

But speaking of being preachy - I recently had to write a sermon for a class I'm taking on the Torah. I might post it here, in case you're interested.